Please note that the House will be closed from the 23rd December, reopening on Thursday 2nd January. We will also close at 1pm on Thursday 19th December for our volunteer Christmas outing.
October to April
Monday - Saturday, 11am - 5pm
May to September Monday - Saturday, 11am - 5.30pm
Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays
We can now take payment by credit or debit card (but not American Express).
Concession (student or registered unemployed) £6.00
Child £3.50 (age 5 - 17)
Family £15.00 (two adults and accompanying children)
Under 5s are free
National Trust members receive a 50% discount on standard adult admission on presentation of their valid membership card.
If you have forgotten your card today you will be asked to pay the full entrance charge. Please note this arrangement does not include National Trust affiliates such as National Trust for Scotland. For more information please visit National Trust London & South East.
What to see and do
- Mull over Johnson's great Dictionary in the Garret where it was written
- Take our new audio-visual tour and discover Johnson's fascinating life
- Try on our Georgian costumes and explore with the family trail
- Relax in the Library and soak up the tranquil atmosphere
- Explore the seventeenth- and eighteenth-century architecture