- Shop selling books and souvenirs
- Children's guide and dressing up costumes (see our families page for more)
- Bags and coats can be left at reception. Please note that large bags are not permitted and must be left at reception.
- Pushchairs cannot be taken through the House due to the number of steps, but can be left at reception. They may need to be folded at busy times. There are no baby-changing facilities.
- There are no refreshments on sale, but there are many cafes and restaurants nearby.
- There is regrettably no wheelchair access to Dr Johnson's House. A DVD is available to borrow. Please contact us for more information.
- There are many steps at Dr Johnson's House. There are seven steps to access the entrance (with a handrail). The building is a four-storey townhouse with a staircase between each floor. There are handrails on each side of the staircase and visitor seating in every room. Visitors who are unable to manage the stairs can use the audio-visual guide free of charge.
- A ground-level adapted toilet is available.
- The audio-tour is available to visually impaired visitors free of charge. Please ask at the desk on arrival.